Candidates for this hands-on position should have an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's preferred, and have some experience working in a contract manufacturing company environment, also. Excellent ERP software skills required, Dakota uses Visual.
- Manage the daily activities of the Buyers in the Purchasing Department
- Plan and purchase any and all parts and material to ensure availability at lowest possible cost and investment while maximizing customer service
- Plan and purchase higher end commodities and fabricated parts
- Respond to MRP demand in a timely manner (daily), placing orders for material in response to forecasts and customer requirements
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of supplier base; manage and develop alternate supplier relationships as performance and business requirements dictate
- Manage purchase agreements and contracts for materials, as to sources, quotations, prices, terms, etc., ensuring uniformity, economy and limitation of liability
- Expedite parts shortages and past due parts and initiate corrective action to remedy shortage problems
- Initiate projects and programs; carries them through to fruition
- Manage database of substitute materials and alternate methods, or new sources for required materials anticipating make vs. buy cost trends in light of future forecasts for components
- Manage creative supplier agreements/contracts that focus on efficient delivery of material, utilizing lean concepts such as pull systems, consignment and bread man to minimize inventory and limit out of stock situations
- Control inventory/ordering procedures to minimize exposure to surplus and obsolete inventories
- Maintain consistent interface with Engineering and Manufacturing management and other internal customers
Please submit resume.